Dear Valued Dometic RV Dealers,
At Dometic, we continually strive to provide you with the industry’s leading products and services and we are extremely proud of our more than 80-year history serving those enjoying a mobile
lifestyle. We feel that direct communication is essential in maintaining your trust established over all these years, and thus wish to take a moment to bring you up to speed on a specific issue
related to our Brisk Air II line of RV Air Conditioners.
Over the past few months, we have been working with select dealers to properly identify and diagnose a durability concern related to the evaporator coils in our Brisk Air II Air Conditioner line.
This condition is not apparent on all but a select volume of the units produced since 2013 and has been covered under our warranty terms; however, the incident rate does exceed the durability and
quality standards we maintain internally as well as the quality standard you have come to expect from us. As such, we would like to take a moment to clarify what the issue entails and just as
importantly detail what we have done to ensure the root cause has been addressed:
Condition – Root Cause
- On 3-5% of units produced with manufacture dates between 2013 and March 25th, 2015, we have discovered the supplier of evaporator coils for our Brisk Air II units had an intermittent
process issue that yielded the potential for premature corrosion which could create a leak in the evaporator coil which would directly affect the cooling performance of the unit.
- For the balance of the units produced during this time (95%+), the evaporator coils were manufactured properly utilizing that specified corrosion inhibiting process and thus are not subject to
- This manufacturing process issue has been remedied for all units produced after March 25th, 2015.
- Potential for condition on 3-5% of all Brisk Air II Units produced between 2013 and March 25th, 2015.
Population NOT Affected
- 95%+ of all Brisk Air II Units produced between 2013 and March 25th, 2015.
- Brisk Air II Units produced after March 25th, 2015.
- All other Dometic/Atwood lines of Air Conditioners including Penguin, HP, Coolcat, and Aircommand.
As always, we stand behind our products and have both our Field Sales Team and our Customer Service Team available to address any questions you may have regarding this condition. Further, we
announced in late July that effective August 1st, Dometic is extending the warranty flat rate from 1.0 hours to 1.5 hours on the replacement of RV Air Conditioners
so as to better meet your needs.
We wish thank you for your continued support of Dometic, and in particular for your patience as we thoroughly investigated this issue. We look forward to serving your needs going forward!
Dometic Customer Service Team
ph: 888.867.4188 Opt 6; email: email@example.com